How do I install OpenCart extensions?
It is very easy to install OpenCart extensions. However, the way you install extensions for OpenCart version 3 is different for OpenCart version 4. Please follow the instructions below for each version.
OPENCART VERSION 3.X
Here is the procedure:
- Download the extension from the Downloads area in your OpenCart account.
- Do NOT extract the XML file from the ZIP file. Also, do NOT rename the zip file.
- Log in to the Admin area of your website and go to "Extensions >> Installer.
- Click the "Upload" button and locate the zip file and select it.
- Wait until the Install Progress bar reaches the end and you get a message that says "Success: You have modified extensions!"
- Go to "Modifications" where you will see the OCMOD installed. Click the blue "Refresh" button in the top right corner.
- Refresh your site and the extension will be completely installed.
- Check your website to ensure that the extension you just installed is working.
For a graphical representation of the installation steps for version 3, please click here.
OPENCART VERSION 4.X
VQMOD is required for OpenCart version 4. To install OpenCart 4.x extensions that we make, please do the following:
(1) Unzip the contents of the zip file.
(2) FTP or upload the vqmod directory to your website root directory. If asked to overwrite files, choose yes.
(3) Refresh your website and the change will be seen.
Please note that there are some extensions that we make that may require more steps than the general ones outlined above. When that is the case, the installation file that is included in the zip file will provide clear guidelines on how to install a particular extension.